PCDC Seeks New Director of Business Services
16 Jul 2020
Phelps County Development Corporation in Holdrege, Nebraska invites applications from qualified individuals to join its team as Director of Business Services. The successful applicant will play a pivotal role to engage with businesses to encourage growth and investment in Phelps County. Also responsible for administering various ongoing initiatives funded by LB840, including PCDC’s GO! Programs, the Director of Business Services will assist the executive director to address talent development, publicity and marketing as well as plan and execute projects. Compensation is competitive. Position will be open until filled. Please send resume and cover letter by email only to the attention of Ron Tillery, executive director at email@example.com.
POSITION SUMMARY: Director of Business Services
Overview: Supports the Executive Director in carrying out the mission of the Phelps County Development Corporation (PCDC) by planning and carrying out programs that stimulate or promote business vitality in Phelps County. The Director of Business Services plays an integral role to engage with existing businesses for the purpose of identifying challenges and growth opportunities.
The successful individual will play a pivotal role to craft and deliver public relations and communications strategies for PCDC, plan and execute various projects, provide assistance to new and expanding businesses, including workforce and talent development initiatives and coordinate with other partner organizations.
Reports To: Executive Director
- Administer PCDC’s GO! Programs portfolio with guidance and oversight by the Executive Director
- Organize and administer meetings for assigned committees
- Organize and assist in conducting effective Business Retention & Expansion outreach programs on a regular basis
- Assist to create programs that develop, recruit and retain talent
- Administer the High Demand Jobs Scholarship program in partnership with the Phelps County Community Foundation
- Support local entrepreneurs and existing businesses through education, resource referrals, and networking opportunities
- Assist local retailers to maximize their growth potential through utilization of Retail Strategies consultants and other data driven programs
- Collaborate to support projects that will grow Phelps County (#GROW37) retain talent, improve quality of life and attract new business.
- Lead downtown revitalization, beautification and business retention efforts
- As a team member, aggressively utilize Social Media to inform and promote the work of PCDC and success stories within Phelps County
- Be alert to opportunities that offer advantages and that promote economic growth in Phelps County