PCDC Announces 2023 GO! DREAM Grant Opportunities
21 Dec 2022
Downtown Revitalization, Grant
A new entertainment venue in downtown Holdrege, an expanded retail store in Loomis, and new apartments in downtown Holdrege. These are just a few of the projects spurred by PCDC’s GO! DREAM grants in 2022.
PCDC is continuing its GO! DREAM grants in 2023 with a few tweaks.
The GO! DREAM program aims to improve buildings in the downtown core of all Phelps County communities. The grants address both exterior facades of commercial buildings and certain interior renovations anywhere within the Central Business District. The program is part of PCDC’s efforts to support existing businesses and GROW 37.
PCDC will offer three types of GO! DREAM grants for 2023: First Impression/Exterior Improvement Grants, Building Signs and Murals Grants, and Building Integrity Grants.
First Impression grants provide up to $5,000 matching grants for paint, windows, awnings, doors, lighting, repair, installation and masonry improvements.
PCDC has previously provided grants for signs, but this year PCDC has added murals to the mix. Project leaders may receive grants of up to $2,500 for murals or signs. The first impression grants and signs/murals grants may be combined for a total grant maximum of $7,500.
Building Integrity grants address structural deficiencies or property flaws of commercial or retail buildings that prevent or discourage further investment to the exterior or interior spaces. These $5,000 matching grants are available to any business in the corporate limits of any Phelps County community.
In 2022, GO! DREAM grants helped fund the following Phelps County projects:
- The Bridal Isle, 313 Commercial, Loomis: Exterior Remediation Grant, First Impression Grant and Signage Grant to expand the business and make exterior improvements.
- SCAR (South Central Area Recovery), 307 East Ave., Holdrege: First Impression Grant to remove vinyl siding and replace storefront doors and windows and a signage grant to remove the awning and install a new sign. PCDC also awarded the downtown Holdrege organization an exterior remediation grant in 2021 to help replace a leaking roof.
- Schrock Building, 804 4th Ave. Holdrege: First Impression Grant, Exterior Remediation Grant and a Code Compliance Grant to help renovate three upper-level apartments.
- The Screen Machine, 408 West Ave., Holdrege: First Impression Grant to replace the front door and 8 bay windows.
- JB’s Sports Bar & Grill, 302 East Ave. Holdrege: Exterior Remediation Grant to replace the HVAC system.
- CS Storage, 702 W. 4th Ave. Holdrege, Building Exterior Impact Grant to install LP smart siding to the front wood façade, replace front door and install a new sign for climate-controlled storage space.
- The Drive Golf & Lounge, 414 West Ave., Holdrege; Building Facade Grant, Signage Grant and Building Integrity Grant, to renovate building and open new golf entertainment venue.
- The 308 Boutique, 320 West Ave., Holdrege; First Impression Grant, to replace front door and windows.
The PCDC grants are all matching grants with the business paying at least half of the cost. For more information on PCDC grants or to apply, contact Sally Sadd at 308-995-4148 (Sally@PhelpsCountyNE.com) or visit www.PhelpsCountyNE.com.