Businesses Make Improvements with PCDC Grant Funds
29 Nov 2017
Sometimes it takes a just a little incentive to make improvements to a business.
That was the goal behind PCDC’s First Impression Grants. To date, the grants have spurred five Phelps County businesses to spruce up their store fronts to improve the overall “first impression” of the county. One more will be making updates soon.
The First Impressions Grants offer up to $1,000 for exterior updates to any Phelps County business if the project would result in improving the community’s first impression. The grant funds must be used for material only and may be used for windows, paint, awnings, masonry or minor exterior repairs and lighting.
The projects receiving grants so far are:
- Real Estate Connection, 421 East Ave., replacing a window and siding and shake singles on front exterior.
- Firefly Landscaping/Country Partners, Commercial Street, Loomis, painting exterior of building gray with white trim.
- Great ST8 Properties, LLC, West Ave., Holdrege, replacing torn awning.
- Lost Way Brewery, 613 Third Ave., Holdrege, repairing holes in masonry, tuck and point work on cracks, rebuilding upper northwest corner of building and other masonry work on joints and missing brick.
- Mystic Images, painting exterior of building.
- The most recent grant to be approved is for a lighting project on the exterior of the Phelps County Community Foundation building on Garfield Street.