The Holdrege Veterans Memorial honors all veterans that have served honorably in one or more divisions of the United States Armed Forces: Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Coast Guard and National Guard.
The Holdrege Veterans Memorial is a collaborative effort involving multiple community-based organizations including Holdrege DAV, the City of Holdrege, Phelps County Community Foundation, Phelps County Development Corporation, Palmer Brothers Granite Co., and Holdrege Area Chamber of Commerce.
A committee comprised of representatives from these organizations led the planning and design of the memorial. The City of Holdrege has provided property for the site and other services for its ongoing maintenance.
Holdrege Veterans Memorial Planning Committee:
- Mark Kraus IV, Chairman, Lost Way Brewery (Serving)
- Don Dealy, Founder, Retired (Veteran)
- Doug Young, Mayor, City of Holdrege
- Kara Faber, Phelps County Community Foundation
- Ron Tillery, Phelps County Development Corporation (Veteran)
- Micah Huyser, Nebraska Prairie Museum
- Doug Stevenson, Olsson Associates
- Tom Nutt, Phelps County Commissioners (Veteran)
- Fred Diedrichsen, Retired (Veteran)
- Travis Horner, Phelps County Veterans Service Officer (Veteran)
- Dudley Kardell, Palmer Brothers Granite Co.
Mark Kraus IV
Holdrege Veterans Memorial Committee Chairman
Website Hosted by:
Phelps County Development Corporation