Chamber Honors PCDC with 2018 Visionary Superstar Award
Tuesday, May 01, 2018
The Holdrege Area Chamber of Commerce honored the Phelps County Development Corporation with the Visionary Superstar Award at its banquet on April 6. This award is given to a chamber member who has been in business for six years or more and has demonstrated business and community leadership.
“With more than 100 investors, PCDC enjoys broad support from the business community and plays an active role in supporting investment and job creation that improves the overall vibrancy of Phelps County's economy,” the chamber noted. “Figuratively, PCDC has erected a large neon sign that says: Phelps County is Open for Business!”
The chamber highlighted a few of PCDC’s recent accomplishments, including:
- Attracting a developer to build Washington Square Apartments, a $2.25 million 18-unit complex supporting workforce housing.
- Granting down payment assistance to seven new families relocating to Phelps County.
- Committing $1 million to support construction of a new competition ball field complex in Holdrege slated to open in 2019.
- Awarding eight high-demand jobs scholarships totaling $19,500 and renewing a partnership with the PCCF to continue offering scholarships for another 3 years.
- Providing nearly $8,000 of First Impression Grants to nine businesses that have invested $60,000 to improve building facades.
- Organizing predevelopment work to support a new $4.25 million hotel project.
- Awarding a Business Improvement Loan to Lost Way Brewery to open its new business in downtown Holdrege.