Financial Assistance for Local Businesses
Always start with your local banker!
GO! Business Programs
Steps to Start Up Program Click Here
- Low interest loans are available for clients who complete the Steps to Start Up Program through PCDC.
Building Exterior Impact Grant
- Up to $1,000 matching grant to improve building exteriors.
- Limited funds are available and may be applied to projects that are impactful at any location within corporate boundaries of any Phelps County municipality.
- Grants are for materials only, not labor.
- TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED
Next Steps Loan Program
- Zero to 2% short-term loans (1 – 3 years) to help existing businesses expand their customer base, inventory or to improve operations.
- Staff will work with projects to identify needs and measurement criteria.
Legacy Loan Program
- Long-term gap financing loans to facilitate ownership transition of existing businesses. (loan percentage is subject to adjustment based on market conditions.)
- Funds may be used for equipment, improvements, or purchase of a business.
- PCDC funds will not exceed 50% of the total capital costs.
- Funds may not be used for working capital.
PCDC can sometimes take the risk that a bank cannot to supplement the financing needed for a business to expand, start up or, or transition. Gap Financing is defined as the difference between the cost of a project and the combination of money available from the owner and the bank.
Project cost - Owner’s Equity - Bank Financing = Gap
To apply for a PCDC loan, click here to download an Application.
Contact Craig Eberle, Loan Specialist
Ph: (402) 736-4417